29 July 2021
Some great news after a very long wait, we will be reopening our doors on the 7th August in line with Welsh Government Covid-19 restriction changes. What will this mean for our customers? You will notice some changes when you arrive at the cinema. These changes are designed to help keep you and our cinema team safe whilst still allowing you a fabulous time watching the latest movies in Wales’ Oldest Cinema.
You will also notice that some of the changes we have in place may not be required by law after the 7th August however, we want our customers to feel safe whilst with us, so have decided to keep some simple procedures in place for now. Our recent survey has shown us that some customer still feel nervous about returning to watch a film. If you would like to speak to us at any point about the measures we have in place, please give us a ring or drop us a message on Facebook.
- External queuing system whilst maintaining a courteous distance between customers
- A member of the cinema team will explain the systems to you as you enter
- Hand sanitiser on entry and throughout the building
- Restricted numbers of customers in the foyer at one time
- Protective screens at the ticket office and shop
- Social distancing reminders
- Mandatory face coverings in line with Welsh Government restrictions still in place
- A reduced number of seats available at each screening to allowing for some social distancing between groups in the auditorium
- One way systems will be in place. Enter in the normal way, but exit through the fire doors at the rear of the cinema
- In addition to our normal high standard of cleaning, we will also regularly sanitise high touch areas throughout the day. At the end of the evening the auditorium will be “fogged” using an approved viricide
- Access to toilets will be limited to one adult and one child at a time. Our accessible toilet will allow one adult/child and one carer if necessary. There will be no public access to our toilets
- Our shop will close as soon as the film starts to prevent disruption within the auditorium once people are seated
If you would like to view our risk assessment, please visit our website:
Please be aware, that our cinema team will be acting in your best interests at all times but as a result, you may not be able to sit exactly where you would like to and may be asked to move around a bit to allow for some distancing between groups. You will be asked if you are well and if you have been in contact with a positive Covid-19 on entry. You will be required to provide your name and telephone number before you are able to purchase your ticket.
What else has changed? Lovely new ladies loos, a lick of paint, a newly refurbed staff rest room, wizzy new automated projection system and a new system for hearing and visually impaired customers. We are ready to go!
Welcome back everyone, and thank you for your patience! GO BACK