Who are we?
The Market Hall Cinema and Arts Trust (MHC) runs the Market Hall Cinema, which shows films, hosts events and more for the general public
Business Name: The Market Hall Cinema and Arts Trust – Registered Charity Number 1167284
Registered Office: Market Hall Cinema, Market Square, Brynmawr, NP23 4AJ
Phone: 01495 310576
Email: email@example.com (general queries)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line: ‘Data’; data protection issues)
Data Controller: Mr Ian Cowley, contact as above
Data Protection Registration: ZA329888
By accessing this website (www.markethallcinema.co.uk), you acknowledge the terms and conditions expressed herein. We reserve the right to change this policy at our sole discretion and without notice.
What information is collected, and why?
For statistical analysis, when a user visits our website, we collect information about the visit that does not identify the user personally. We track information such as the domain from which the user is visiting and the user's browser type. We also collect specific information regarding the user's session on our website. This includes items such as the date and time of the visit and the pages viewed.
We do not have systems that use your PII for automated decision making
Sometimes we ask a user to voluntarily provide personally identifiable information (PII). This information generally includes, but is not limited to, name, e-mail address, postal address, delivery address (if different) and telephone number.
We request this information when the user requests one or more of the following:
- To receive specific information from us such as an enquiry or quotation.
- To sign up for a mailing list / social media follower
- To correspond with the customer regarding details of an order
- Or any other such activity that we deem necessary
- To purchase specific or bespoke items
- Relevant PII will be forwarded to:
- Payment systems (external to MHC)
- Courier company to deliver order
MHC does not collect any personally identifiable financial or health-related information. We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 16 unless parental consent is given.
How is the information used?
Non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) is collected to allow us to analyse how our website is used and to improve the content and service the website provides.
Personally identifiable information is collected for the purpose of fulfilling the contract of sale between the Customer and MHC
MHC owns the collected information and will not sell, trade, or rent the information to others. We may use the information to continue contact with the user. This may include contact such as follow-up calls, e-mail correspondence, or mail correspondence to follow-up on the contact to provide customer satisfaction feedback or important website changes.
Where is the PII stored and processed?
Personally identifiable Information collected via the website is stored and processed within the UK and not transferred outside of the EEA.
How long is the PII kept?
For customers checking out as ‘Guest’, Personally identifiable Information will be retained by MHC for the performance of the contract to supply the item(s) ordered and any follow up – in practice this will be 3 months from the date of delivery.
For customers who have opted to create an account with MHC, Personally Identifiable information will be retained whilst the account is active or the customer advises of a request to close the account.
Additionally, appropriate PII (as determined to meet regulatory and/or legislative requirements) will be kept for the period determined by the regulatory and/or legislative authorities, e.g. HMRC.
Are "Cookies" used on the website?
How is personally identifiable information safeguarded?
MHC utilises industry standard methods and mechanisms such as firewalls and passwords to protect electronic information. Multiple physical security methods such as locking devices and appropriate premise security are also employed. Finally, access to PII is restricted to a small number of personnel and on a need-to-know basis.
Links to other web sites
MHC web site may contain links to other internet web sites. MHC neither controls nor endorses external sites and is not responsible for the content of such sites. This policy does not cover the privacy policies and data collection practices of non-MHC. web sites.
How to opt out of correspondence
Based on the information a user has provided, MHC may send e-mail correspondence to the user. Each correspondence will contain an easy means to opt out of further correspondence.
- We keep this Policy Statement under review as part of our overall Data Protection Policy. It was last updated on 19th April 2019
- You have a choice about whether and how you wish to receive information from us. You will be asked to make your preferences clear when we collect your information. For most users, this will be when they register online. Your preferences can be updated at any point by emailing Ian on email@example.com.
- The accuracy of your information is important to us. Please do regularly check and update your information with any changes.
- You have various legal rights over your information which we will always respect. Further detail is available from the Information Commissioner. www.ico.org.uk